At Berk International, our focus is lowering our environmental impact. Every day, we strive to improve manufacturing sustainability, thereby protecting the environment.
We have implemented multiple recycling and energy-efficient programs that are now practiced on a daily basis.
- Installation of low voltage, energy-efficient T-5 lighting throughout the manufacturing and warehouse operations.
- Motion sensor lights in less used spaces.
- Variable speed drives to increase efficiency.
- High speed converting and packaging equipment resulting in more production and less working hours – two ten hour shifts instead of three eight house shifts.
- Spray foam roof system producing R-113 insulated value – reducing heat costs.
- Insulation of all window surfaces with energy saving materials – reducing heat costs.
Recycling Program / Land Fill Free
- All production and office waste is recycled or used to produce energy in other manufacturing operations.
- Plastic, cardboard, metal, aluminum, tissue, toweling and all nonwovens are baled and recycled.
- Recycle bins are located throughout the warehouse for employee use.
- Recycled film is used for poly wrapping.
- 100% recycled material is used for all cardboard boxes.
- 100% recycled content is used in most tissue and towel products.
- Paperless office is practiced to the highest extent possible.
- Recycled office paper products are purchased.
- Green cleaners are used wherever possible.
- Lubricants certified by USDA Bio-Preferred Program are used wherever possible.
- All converting waste has been reduced to the absolute minimums and is recycled, not land filled.